About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Monday, December 29, 2008

My Attitude

Alright, alright...you're all wondering about my temper tantrum, huh? Well, let's just say this Christmas could have been better. Where do I start? Ah, yes...


I left off with my sister in law's visit, which was wonderful. The next weekend, the first weekend in Dec, my mother in law came to visit, which was equally wonderful. We went to Bronner's, which is the largest Christmas store in the world, and bought the world's smallest Christmas tree, which was fun.


The next weekend started all the drama. Friday, Dec 12th, I took our cat, Max to the vet. He had a blocked bladder and required sedation to get the cathiter in and all the pee out. $$$ We compromised with a one day observation at the vet, and then careful observation at home. He started eating like a champ, and is doing alright now.


Sat, Dec 13th. Dave was on the computer and saw a drop of water fall from our drop ceiling. Well, it turns out our Christmas tree stand got a hole or crack in it and was slowly leaking on to the blanket it was sitting on, and then through our hard wood floors, which are now slightly warped, and through the drop ceiling directly in to our printer. We just laughed. What else could we do? So Dave got that all cleaned up and purchased a new printer with scanning and copying capabilities with the Christmas check we received from my Grandma Stobie in the mail that day. Haha God...you're a funny guy! While at work, I got a call from my mom saying my Baba (grandma) wasn't doing so great. She ended up passing away a few hours later.


Sun, Dec 14th. I had to work, but Dave and I wanted to pick up a few small things for his family for Christmas. So we're at Pier One and I get a call from a friend. She told me about these two small girls that needed to be adopted in to a Christian home. Would we consider this? I was so shocked I told her I'd have to call her the next day to get more information. Phew! What a weekend!


Mon, Tues more work. Tues night drive to Buffalo, Wed Baba's wake, Thurs funeral & drive back home. Friday major snow storm. Phew! I was exhausted!


Since then, we met these two little girls and decided not to adopt them for a variety of reasons. The little girl we were researching with medical needs in Russia is being researched by another couple who will have the first choice of adopting her. Because of differences between me and my husband, we are very limited in the ethnicity of children we would be willing to adopt. Plus, our adoption agency sent us a letter saying the economy is causing greater delays in all adoptions.
Great. So maybe I won't be a mom this year...or ever. At least I won't believe it until it happens.
Thus the spiritual temper tantrum...

4 comments:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

How horrible your past weeks have been. It never seems that anything goes right. We were to the point of giving up on our adoption, thinking that we were reading God's signs wrong and that the time was not right. We had one family issue after the next and my husband and I began seeing things differently. Combine that with not hearing from our facilitator for over a month and it was simply to much to handle. God decided to shine His light on us when we felt at our lowest. I pray you are able to avoid any more disasters and that you receive word soon concerning your adoption. The worst part is not knowing if you are doing the right thing or not, why is it taking so long, why are there so many babies needing a home and yet it is so difficult and expensive to bring one home??!! Try to hang in there. I know you will be in the thought and prayers of many, praying that you receive guidance and clarity soon.

junglemama said...

You went to Russia? Maybe I read things wrong but you said you met 2 little girls from Russia.

Mamapierce said...

Oh honey, I'm sorry! It sounds like your faith is being tested. Just remember that after the testings comes the blessings. (((HUGS)))

Courtney said...

Hey N! Thanks for the rental/housing document. I have yet to figure out how we're going to get that all put together, but God knows! LOL

I wanted to do my best to encourage you in your adoption process. Our process took nearly 3 years from starting our HS to bringing our boys home from Ukraine, so I've been through a lot of the emotions you're currently feeling. :) It's frustrating when other people's processes go so quickly and yours doesn't. Some blog friends of ours adopted twice from Ukraine while we were waiting to complete ONE adoption!

Hang in there--it IS worth it! :) :)