About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Friday, January 30, 2009

It is done...Again!!!

It took 2 weeks, but I finally have the paperwork mailed to our agency, arriving Monday morning. I can't wait to hear the words "Your dossier is registered!"

There were a few hiccups along the way. We faxed some paperwork to our mortgage company to fill out and get back to us. But the number they have on file was our old landline, which we don't have any more, and they needed additional information. So my wonderful husband called early this week to find out what was going on, answered their questions, and they sent the form to us. However, the notary was in NJ, which means we couldn't apostille it without going to NJ. So, I had a friend who is a CPA fill out the form, sign it and notarize it. What a blessing she is!

We also had to redo two forms, one twice, because of wording. And we had to wait for the Michigan Police Clearance letter. They were wonderful! I called and asked if they would accept our old fingerprints, and they said OK. I overnighted the paperwork, and gave them a prepaid overnight envelope back.

Everything arrived at my door on Thursday, and I apostilled everything and got it in the mail today...around 3pm. It will arrive Monday morning at Adoption Associates, Inc, and Larissa will be forwarding them to the Ukraine either the same day or the next.

I have another friend who owns her own business who has offered to have a fundraiser for me. She is so sweet...she's pregnant and due in March/Arpil, so this is pretty big for her to do. I'll have more info later...you can actually participate from anywhere because it's an online thing. I think everyone who has children will really think it's a cute idea for Valentine's day. Thanks Tara!!

2 comments:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Paperwork! It never goes away, even after submission. I pray that Feb. is the month for you guys with an appointment date to follow. Stay in there, not too much farther.

LorenasLatest said...

Hey Natalie, I am so sorry to hear about your grandma (Baba). I can't believe Max is gone, too. I bet Jack misses him. Hang in there my sweet friend.