About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Dave!


Today is the day we celebrate fathers. And this is the first Father's Day for us. We went to church this morning, and Abuelo's for lunch. Now Dave is napping with Eli, and we may go to the zoo this afternoon. It's going to be a fun filled day!


It's been amazing to see my husband being a father. He's the first to jump in to the sandbox with Eli, play with cars (although I suspect he's having more fun than Eli!), and swing him around. I love to see them giggling in the backyard, getting in to the mud and dirt, rolling around in the grass, and chasing each other. You can definitely see that Eli looks up to his Papa. I knew Dave would be a great father, but, wow, I'm impressed.


Not only is he great with Eli, but he's so sweet to me. When I need a break because I've been listening to a screaming child all afternoon, he takes over. He never asks the age old question "what did you do all day" when supper isn't ready (or even planned), I look like I've been in a tornado, and the house is littered with cars. He has supported and encouraged me, and he's a great example to Eli.


So Happy Father's Day, Papa! And enjoy your nap...you deserve it :)


1 comment:

The McEacherns said...

Abuelo's... yum! They have the best queso!