About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Words

Eli had his botox apptmt on Monday. It went really well, apart from the screaming. By the time we walked out of the office, he was just fine. I can already tell he's walking more on his heels, which is great. In a week he gets fitted for his serial casts, which will hopefully only be on for a month.

I'm pretty exhausted trying to keep Eli occupied right now. His toys are old news, and so am I! He gets so excited when Papa comes home so he has someone new to play with. I'm trying to arrange play dates for the next week or so until our activities start up. Monday and Tuesday we'll be in BSF, Thursdays we'll be volunteering with Mom to Mom, and hopefully he'll be involved in AWANA. A great break for Momma and more kids to play with for Eli!

Eli is transitioning out of a nap, which hasn't been fun...he's quite a handful now. He tells me he's tired, but when I put him down for his rest, he throws out his car, then his oof, and then asks to get down. I say no, I love you, give him a kiss and walk out the door. Then he either cries, calls out my name or has conversations with himself (loudly) until I come in and in a very firm voice tell him it's rest time and he needs to be quiet. Then he falls asleep for about an hour. Not a fun process! Maybe I need to go outside for that time.

I've been counting Eli's words...he has more than 60 already! And every day he seems to be adding more words. He's even telling me stories using several words at once (not quite complete sentences, but you can tell he's trying). Here are the words I've counted so far:

Momma
Go
Papa
Clean
Car
Mess
Wash
Fish
Watch
Pizza
Foot
Toast
Feet
Cup
Toe
More
Eye
Hot
Nose
Cold
Peepee
Help
Belly Button
Phone
M & M
Puzzle
Apple
Now
Juice
Gas
Water
Fall/Fell
Bubbles
Step
Shoes
Amen
Pockets
Two
Ball
Three
Baby
Jesus
Beads
Cool
Yeah, Baby!
Come on
On
Off
Obey
Oh Yeah, Momma
Up
Down
Push
Pull
Out
Peach
Slide
Stop
Hello/Hi
Bye
Yes
No
Mall
Five
Bus
My/Mine
Please

He can almost count to three, and can recognize the letters RVIT and Y.

1 comment:

Tami said...

It sounds like Eli is doing great. His vocabulary is getting so big! :) The nap transition is a yucky time. I kept Maddie napping until this last summer before Kindergarten. It just kept me saner that way. A lot of the time it was more like a quiet time - maybe an hour or so...but an hour did wonders for me! :)