About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Freedom!

Eli got his casts off on Thursday and was fitted for his braces. They came in the mail yesterday :( Now I have to get him used to them a little bit at a time.
At the same time, Dave left for Germany and won't be back until Friday. It's going to be an interesting week! My mom is coming Tues-Thurs, so I'll get some help, which will be nice. And the weeks tend to be pretty packed full of activities so I'm sure the week will fly by.

This video shows what Eli has been doing since Thursday. Running. And running, and running some more. He's so funny!


Eli LOVES to help. Here he is helping me peel potatoes. Well, he handed me the potatoes and I peeled them. But he loved being a part of it.


Here's the picture from a while ago. Notice the letters on the magnet. Eli did that. He's earned more letters, so the magnet is quite crowded now.


Here's a twofer. You get to see his casts#3 Purple. He had jenga blocks under his toes to get more of a stretch. And you'll notice his face is covered with Cars stickers from Grandma Karl. He put them on me, on him, on the couch, on his chair, on the floor, and would drive cars on them. Oh, to get inside his head just once!


I love this picture. It shows a little boy who loves his Papa. I couldn't get him to eat, so Dave let him sit on his lap and fed him soup and toast.



Grandma and Granpa Stobie got Eli this HUGE Elmo, which now sits on his chair next to his bed. I think this would freak me out a bit, but he doesn't seem to mind. Crazy kid!






2 comments:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

You won't be able to keep up with him now that he has his "freedom". I pray his developments occur as they should. Way to go, Eli!

Chris Haven said...

He is looking so much older. How long has he been home now? You are doing awesome. It is freeing to know that we do our best but ultimately it is the Holy Spirit and in God's hands. He gave you to Eli, you are the mom he is supposed to have!