About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Monday, July 25, 2011

The Week Home

I know I owe all of you lots of pictures and information.  So I'll start with where I left off.

We had our court on June 29th, hopped on a train, went to the embassy June 30th, and headed to the airport.  We left on an airplane June 30th, getting home at 10:30am July 1st.  And, oh, what a trip it was.  Dave was detoxing from lack of medicines so he was NOT having fun.

But we made it safe and sound.  Dave got his meds, worked on the yard for three hours while I started laundry and vegged, and we slept.  It was so nice to be back in our home!

Saturday, July 2nd we headed to Buffalo to see our son.  I was up and going at 4am, but I was good and let Dave sleep for another hour or so.  We got to Buffalo and saw our boy.  Not exactly the reunion we were thinking we'd get, but it was great to see and snuggle with my boy after so long!  He just looked at us like he had just gotten up, kind of in a daze still.  And he wasn't very receptive to our hugs at first.  But we were persistent and he eventually became lovey with us again.  We left July 3rd to return home.  We expected the borders to be crazy, but they weren't.  It was a Canadian holiday and the 4th weekend.

Our week together was pretty low key.  I was DREADING the return to Ukraine.  The trip, the flight home, etc.  Eli and I played and loved on each other and snuggled lots and lots.  And it was around the beginning of the week that I realized I only had a week home :(  I was so sad to leave my little munchkin again.  I left July 10th.

My mom met me at the airport July 11th and the second part of our adventure began!

No comments: