About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

3 Years

Lots and lots going on, most of which I can't talk about.  In the midst of a crazy, rough week a few weeks ago my mother in law came to town for Eli's 6th birthday (2nd with us).  I love when she comes...but it was only for a day!  Not enough time by a long shot.  Pictures are coming, but today's short post comes with lots of momma tears of joy a flowin'.

Today marks 3 years since we met our Eli.  3. Years.  On the way to Bible class this morning I told everyone (with Eli's permission), and let him know that he is a gift from God to me.  And that I'm so thankful God gave him to me.  And then I spent the rest of the morning holding back tears of thankfulness to God for allowing me the honor of being his mom.  Ah, that boy makes me smile :)

You can read our first impressions and our fears here. 

3 comments:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

3 years!! Isn't it unbeliveable?! Such changes! Blessings to you all.

Anonymous said...

You are a great Mama. Congratulations, Mom. Blessings, Kelly

steph said...

Wow! That's so awesome:) Hope that things are going well otherwise... Take care!