About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Friday, April 4, 2008

March is over and We survived!!

Well, all the craziness of March is over. And we made it through. Our social worker met with us Tuesday, March 18th. She came to check out our house and living conditions. After careful thought, she has decided to recommend only one child for us. Since Dave and I want both a boy and a girl, we're going to leave the gender of our child up to God and His leading once we get to that point in the process.

I left for Ecuador on the 19th at some ridiculously early time, and spent the week with my friend Lorena. I had such a great time! Spending time with Lorena is like breathing in the Holy Spirit...He flows out of her in abundance! And I have a few new Ecuadorian friends.
While I was hanging out on mountains in Ecuador, Dave told me he was going to finish a surprise project for me. It was exciting. When I got back (at midnight!) I couldn't wait to see what he had done. He started the baby's room, which was really difficult for me at first. I had a hard time going in to the room because it overwhelmed me. The fact that a child is coming in to our home is much more real now than it was before.

That has prompted us to start a baby registry at Babysrus and Target. It's hard at times because there isn't a lot of information about what to register for when you're adopting. Especially when you're adopting an unknown gender and unknown age. And even if you do know the age of the child, you don't know their mental age. But I figure if I start a registry now, I can slowly add things to it as information and advise comes in.

While on my trip, I finished two books for our education requirments...one more to go and I'll be able to focus completely on the paperwork for the dossier. Dave made some serious progress on a really long book he's reading. Then once he finishes his online class, we'll get our home study and begin the process of applying for loans, grants, and other sources of financial help. Still a long way away, but a few steps closer :)
I
n April we have my brother's marriage blessing ceremony, which is only a couple weeks away. It's in NC, and we're driving...a 12 hour drive. But it's going to be a great time.

No comments: