About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Busy Months

I can't believe it's been over a month since my last report! So much has happened. Let's see. I guess the first event was my brother and sister-in-law's ceremony. It was in North Carolina in the middle of April. Dave and I drove down on Thursday and returned on Sunday, then I had my Bible Study the next two days...it was exhausting, but worth it. I enjoyed the time with my family just hanging. I didn't get to spend much time with Katie (my sister-in-law) because she was getting the finishing touches on the day tied up. But I did get to hang with Mike a bit.

We also went to Buffalo May 2-4 for Dave's nephew, CJ, first communion. It was unbelievably cute! It was more family time, which was fun. And we got pretty excited because we came back with a piano! Dave's mom gave us her piano because she's down sizing.

During all of these activities, Dave and I worked hard at finishing some education requirements for the adoption. Dave has completed requirement #3 and I've finished the whole kit and kaboodle. Now I'm going to concentrate on finding a Ukrainian support group as well as getting more paperwork together.
I
t's been very interesting how many people either know of, or know someone who is tied to the Ukraine. I don't know if it's the area, or if Ukrainian adoptions are becoming more popular, but I'm really encouraged by the stories I've heard.

I think the biggest change in my thinking over this time period is that we're telling people that they can treat us like an expecting family (because technically we are). That was a really big step for me, to go from being shy about telling people, to telling them I've got a child on the way. Of course, when I tell them I'm expecting next spring, they give me a confused look and I explain we're adopting.

My in depth Bible study (Bible Study Fellowship) is ending next week. I've been so challenged in my thinking through the study of Matthew. God has opened my eyes to areas of Jesus life that I never considered. For example, on the way to the cross, Jesus was offered a drink laced with a seditive of some kind. But Jesus refused the drink. He had more work to do on the cross, praying for those that had sinned against Him, and thus the Father. He also made arrangements for His mother to be taken care of. And for three hours, He took on the sins of the world so that He could be the last sacrifice needed to fulfill the Law. What an amazing and loving saviour. And as I look at my life and the pain and suffering I've gone through with infertility, I recognize God has had work for me to do: encouraging others, working with different ministries, and glorifying Him in all that I do, say, etc. And I recognize that while Jesus was going through such immense pain, He fulfilled His Father's will. And by His resurrection, He conquered death and sin...how can I not seek out His perfect will despite any circumstance?

No comments: