About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Progress

Dave and I had the priveledge of celebrating our 5 year anniversary with his sister and brother in law on a cruise to Bermuda at the end of May. We had a blast, although it was a bit bumpy for a while there. Bermuda was a typical island with gorgeous beaches and a bright personality. I sound so ho-hum about it! But we really enjoyed soaking up the sun, eating more than we ever thought possible, and letting someone else clean up after us....ah, the luxury! I even bought a towl buddy for our baby :)

The big news, however, comes with the arrival of our home study, and the submission of our immigration paper work. We've been told to expect a two to three month wait for our approval, which we need to submit the final paper work...the dossier. I'm praying that this will be turned in by the end of the summer, but I'm not sure that will be possible. Dave is dedicated to finishing his education requirements by the middle of July so he doesn't have them on his plate any more. I've been working diligently on the dossier paperwork...with great rewards! We will be starting our state police clearance on Wednesday, and then all we'll have left is our medical physical/mental assessment and our paperwork will all be done. I'm looking in to starting some fundraising soon...I have a feeling this summer is going to fly by.

Dave's racing started up. He's raced once, with his next race coming up this weekend. He's excited to say the least!

We had some pretty vicious storms roll through our area last weekend. We'd just put everything away from working outside on a beautiful sunny Saturday and were relaxing watching TV when the weatherman said we had a severe thunderstorm coming through with possible tornadic activity. We watched a black line of clouds roll in to our neighborhood, with winds that literally came out of nowhere. One minute calm, next minute tree limbs were flying from the sky, and the next minute calm. One of the smaller tree limbs fell on to the phone wire in our backyard. The wind was blowing so hard, it tore off the bracket holding the phone wire on to our house! We had some minor siding damage, but that was it.

I'm in a new Bible study called He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear from God. As the title indicates, I'm learning how to get myself in to the condition to hear what God has to say to me clearly and loudly. Tonight we talked about sanctification, the process of becoming more and more like God through the work of the Holy Spirit. There are 3 types, but we focused on lifestyle sanctification, or the regular decision to yield to the power of the Holy Spirit in our daily decisions. Boy, this isn't easy. There are TV shows and movies I want to watch that aren't holy or pleasing to God. But I think the hardest thing right now has been to wait on God's timing on the adoption. My tendency is to want to circumvent His plan to speed things up. But I must instead order my day with His priorities and accomplish His work for me each day.

No comments: