About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Well, we're running in to a bit of a problem...nothing I'm not too concerned about, sort of. The check from Dave's 401k loan hasn't arrived yet, which is kind of a big deal. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'm not really sure what we're going to do for cash. And if it does arrive, it will be in his name, and he won't be able to sign it because he's on his way to Tulsa, Ok right now. Thankfully I know many people in my bank, so hopefully everything will be OK.

I almost feel like God is giving us one last test before we leave. He's reminding me that He is. Period. He owns all I have, including me, and will provide for me. You see, I've been somewhat of a wreck this week, completely overwhelmed with everything going on. And maybe this is God's way of reminding me that HE IS IN CONTROL, not me, not my husband, not any government, but just HIM. What is that familiar saying? Let go and let God...

On a lighter note, I'm almost starting to get excited about leaving for the Ukraine. This morning, the moms from our church's mom2mom Bible study prayed over me. And they and the other volunteers from the morning signed up to pray for me every day while I'm gone. What peace knowing that I'll be covered in prayer!! (BTW if you'd like to specify a day to pray for me, email me the date and I'll add you to my calendar to thank God for you that day.)

And I realized today I'll be gone for Easter for the 2nd year in a row! How funny! Last year I got to experience an Ecuadorian tradition of eating a very protien packed soup on Good Friday, which was VERY delicious and filling. This year I get to experience the traditions of the Ukrainian people. I've attended a few traditions with my grandmother. She would make an Easter basket with a boiled egg, some breads, jam, and a few other things. Then we would head over to church, where the priest would bless the baskets and sprinkle them with holy water. Very interesting. I wonder what traditions are pure Ukrainian, and what traditions have been altered through time.

My mom came to help me on Tuesday, and I don't know what I would have done without her. She brought some clothes for me to borrow, since the Ukrainian people aren't nearly as casual as we are. They don't go to the grocery store without nice clothes and makeup. I'm hoping some of this will rub off on me...I know I tend to be way to casual at times.

Dave is sick. He started with a scratchy throat, and is now stuffed up and coughing like a champ. Pray for him. With his Crohn's, his immune system is somewhat suppressed, so colds tend to linger longer than they would for us regular folks.

That's all for now...I'll update you tomorrow that the check came in and we have the cash at home. I'm claiming God's promise of provision as we follow in His path and His will. (Breathe in, Breathe out...)

3 comments:

junglemama said...

Everything will work out! You have so much excitment ahead of you. Remember to soak in evrey last second!

Tami said...

You are right. God is in control. He will work everything out in His timeing. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Its going to be an awesome one! :)

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

So exciting!!!