About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Good Bye!

We are less than 30 mins away from being picked up to go to the airport. What a great feeling! I hope I'm as prepared as I think I am.

I know you're dying to know what happened with the check. I woke up on Friday morning and stayed in bed praying for a while. I got up, took a shower and checked my email, too nervous to eat breakfast. At 11am I thought I'd check the mail, which normally doesn't come until 12:30 ish. Gasp...the mail was there! I took the mail from the box, and sat down and prayed one last time. "God, I know you provide, so please provide for me today." Nope, that isn't it...nope that isn't it. My heart dropped and I laughed. The check was not in the mail box. However, one of the couples in our AFG told us they would loan us the money until we got back if the check didn't come. They ran to their bank, got a cashier's check and I picked it up, went to my bank and got the money. After well wishes, and texting my husband that it was all taken care of, I sat and thanked God that, although not the way I wanted it, He provided for us.

A friend is staying at our house while we're gone, and he's already got the keys and instructions. Our friend Shannon is picking us up in a little bit, and then we're off.

I don't know when we'll have access to the internet again, so I'll chat with you later and try to keep you posted as much as I can.

Prayer request:

1. That we get there without incident
2. My husband's health...he still has a nasty cold
3. Wisdom in choosing a child to visit

Thanks to all my friends and family who have been sooooo supportive. I'm amazed at how loved I am!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Have a safe trip! We're so excited for you! :)

Alan said...

You'll probably already be there by the time you see this... Hope you had a good trip. Blessings on your journey!

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Praying for the absolute best for you two!!! It is a long and tiring journey ahead of you, but I'm sure you will do great. Enjoy yourselves while here. Everything will work out like it should.