About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chop Chop!

We got the pictures from the dedication and they turned out alright.

Yesterday was the day I've been dreading...Eli's circumcision. He couldn't eat after midnight, so I expected him to be a monster. But he was GREAT! He kept asking for food, which I wouldn't give him. He knew I couldn't give him any food, but he was just soooo hungry. We got to the hospital at 9:30ish, they took his medical info and got him a room right away. We dressed him in the smallest suit they had, which was still huge on him, and waited while reading and playing. Eli was pretty nervous. They asked how he would do without me and I said you'll need ear plugs. So they gave him something to calm him down before they gave him the initial anesthesia. That, to me, was the hardest part. As they rolled him out of the room, even drugged up with some sort of valuum, he still wanted his momma :( I, who never tear up much less cry, had to get a few tissues out. After I calmed down I started reading a book, and the time flew by. Before I knew it, Eli was out of surgery and the doctor was giving me the directions for home care.
I was anxious to see Eli, but I had to wait until he opened his eyes. I guess as soon as he opened his eyes and figured out what was going on, he started screaming for me, so they got me right away. I craddled him and sang to him to settle him down. He was still pretty drugged up, but was able to drink some juice. Dave came about that time with lunch for me, but I wasn't able to eat it until we got home. Eli did great in the car and barely fussed yesterday. He even pee peed in the potty! He doesn't like the tylenol. He gagged on it last night and it made him throw up.
I was nervous about last night, but Eli slept all the way through and was ready to run a marathon this morning. I cleaned him for the first time and he was a trooper. I figured out that he'll take the medicine if I mix it in honey and give it to him on a spoon. Go figure!
Today is going to be another movie marathon, although Bob the Builder may mysteriously disappear. Along with Wendy and his little machine helpers....


Monika said...

Your family picture is just beautiful. :)

Chris and Celeste said...

love your family picture! We will have to do the same thing with our son when he gets home, did your insurance cover it, I have heard some do and some don't?