About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend Fun

We have had the best weekend. The weather has been cooler, the humidity is down. Ah, smells like change is in the air. I'm not banking on it because we always get a hot spell shortly after school starts. But I'll take this for as long as I can get it...70s and mostly sunny with a slight breeze.

I've realized in the last few days how much the hot temps and humidity take from me. They zap my energy and make me quite the cranky person. I think that's where my pity party came from a few blogs back. I love being a stay at home mom and treasure this time with my little, er, I mean my big growing boy. Being at home is what God has called me to.

I told Eli he could bring his soccer ball in the front yard, but he had to hold on to it so the wind didn't blow it in to the yard because papa was mowing. He wanted to put it down, but I put it under his shirt so he could have his hands free to "help" papa mow the yard. Here he is trying to get it out. (I know...we are a very goofy family!)





Eli and I walked the park. When we came back he was back to doing everything papa did, which was adorable. Here they are eating soup...see that glance of adoration. Very sweet!




Eli also thinks it's the coolest thing to do what I do. I let him clean with me and he pretend cooks with me. I'll cut up something, placing it in a pan and then he mimics what I've done and places it in his pan. He pretend made some pancakes with me Saturday. It was a blast and they were yummy!

No comments: