About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

And Life Goes On

I left you hanging with quite a post last time!  I wasn't in a funk for long before I was dragged out.  I have to be content with where God has me if I acknowledge that God is sovereign and controls all things in my life.  I found myself this last week thinking about how content I was with the way things are now.  Which was probably helped by the fact that I had to get all our paperwork done for the dossier.  I got a swift kick in the pants and realized I needed to get on the ball!  So it's all in process, with the MI Stat Police Clearance Letter taking the longest at about 30 days.  I have to have everything in to our agency by March, so we're ahead of the game.

Eli is doing great.  He's really coming along in his ability to communicate.  And when he does communicate, he makes us laugh.  He's such a clown!  Just this morning as we were headed to the car for church, Dave was walking up the stairs to join us.  Eli said "Papa, say I'm coming, I'm coming", which is what I usually say since I'm the one usually holding up the show.

We got to spend some time with a friend who has an almost 2 year old boy Saturday night.  It was a great time and I got to see how much work we still need to do with Eli.  I've been told by a few people that he has a hard time with the younger boys.  And he did struggle being gentle and kind with Grant.  So I can definitely see we're going to have some work to do when a little sister comes in to the mix and messes with Eli's world!

I have pictures from Christmas to still put up...lots going on this week so I'm not sure I'm going to get to it.  But I'm working on it.  Eli was fitted for new braces the week before last so they should be getting in this week.  And Dave and I both have our medicals for the adoption this week.  And Eli has a dental exam.  Man, I'm tired just thinking about this week!  I feel like I'm forgetting to tell you something, but I can't think of anything else now.

2 comments:

The McEacherns said...

Lucky you, living in a state that offers police clearance checks! We have to order ours through the FBI, which can take up to 12 weeks! We've appealed to our senator for some help getting them back sooner than that!

The McEacherns said...

I'll take your Thai Chicken recipe please! Thanks!