About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow...Yawn.

I love winter...I mean REALLY love winter.  I love the snow, the colder temps, the dryness.  But, I gotta tell ya, this winter has been brutal.  It's snowing.  Again.  And not just a little dusting.  A big whopping snow storm.  We just got about a foot a few days ago, and now we're getting another 5-6 inches today. The roads are terrible, and I really need to go grocery shopping, but I don't really want to venture out in to the horrible conditions with a bunch of nutso's driving around.  From what the weathermen were telling us, this was supposed to be an hour long storm with heavy snow, adding only 1-2 inches.  But apparently something changed or the computers were just flat our wrong.  This storm started 2 hours ago and is still going on strong...and we're going to have to dig out the fire hydrant in our front lawn.

I've been following the turmoil in Egypt right now.  Perhaps because I don't follow news very closely, I was so very surprised and totally not expecting Egypt to rise up and demand new government.  I don't completely understand what's going on, or when it started, but I'm paying attention now.  We're studying prophecy in Isaiah and Egypt has come up a few times.  It would be really easy for me to get nervous that the "end times" are near (which I do believe), but instead I feel such assurance knowing that God has a plan.  His plan is unstoppable, unchanging, and victorious!  The weather always reminds me that no matter what man says, God is always in control.

No comments: