About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day of Firsts

We had a day of firsts today!  Today Amelia went to church for the first time.  Our intent was to have her look around, check out her Sunday school class, and maybe have her either sit with us in church or have one of us sit with her in Sunday school based on her reaction.  Well, she did great!  She decided she really wanted to stay in Sunday school and then one of the leaders of the class told us she would probably be fine if we wanted to leave. This is someone I really trust so we decided to see her reaction to us leaving.  She was very uncertain at first.  Eli is in the same class, so I think his reaction of "Bye!  See you later!" reassured her and it was reported to us that she did great!  She was attentive, participated in everything, and even made friends.  Love it!

Then, later in the day, Eli fell asleep on my lap for the first time ever (that I can remember).  He's been trying to keep up with the never ending energy of Amelia, and I think it all caught up with him.  He came in from playing outside and crawled on my lap with a headache.  We watched some TV and I gently rocked his head back and forth (he did this when he first came home) and BOOM, he was out.  He slept for an hour, and then I had to wake him up to get supper ready.  And now both kids are passed out cold.

We had a great weekend :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will be following along. Thank you for the blog address. Blessings.