About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

We come together 'cause opposites attract

I'm sure you're all DYING to know what we've been doing for the past week, right?

Here are a few pictures of our fun:

I run a tight ship around here!  This was actually from the first week home.  They both love to help, but there are times they're more in the way than help.  And then they fight over who gets to help (a great problem to have, I know!) 



We've gotten flowers multiple times from both kids (mostly Amelia, though).


I have a feeling we're going to come home one day to find a dolled up cat!  She LOVES the cat and is constantly picking him up.  That's not a good thing since the cat doesn't like it and he's pretty old.  But he doesn't run away so I figure he deserves it!


The first of many tea parties!

School starts Sept 6th...all day kindergarten for Amelia and half day kindergarten for Eli.  I'm enrolling her on Friday.  She started her tutoring yesterday and did really great!  And she's really starting to mimic our talking.  I think if I worked with her more she would be further along in her talking.  She seems to really want to speak English and she works really hard to understand what we say.

The kids are really starting to play well together.  Just this morning they were playing together nicely calling each other on their phones (instead of standing right at my side).  They were also giving each other lots of hugs :)

They're opposites in pretty much every way.  From looks (pale skin, thin frame, blond hair....olive skin, solid frame, black hair), to issues (his were more physical, hers are internal like food allergies), to accomplishments (he has almost always put his shoes/clothes on the right way...she hardly ever puts her shoes on the right way, but she can do a lot of physical things he still has a hard time with!).  She's more physically active and go. go. go.  He's "I need alone time to play quietly in my room".  She loves pasta and mac and cheese...he hates it.  He likes carrots and broccoli, she hates it.  She's shy, he's outgoing.  I could go on and on!

We've had a lot of fun, though.  Just last week someone told me I looked REALLY tan...did we go on vacation   Nope.  We're outside almost all the time...both my kids are outdoorsy.  That's at least ONE thing they have in common!

No comments: