About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Friday, October 21, 2011

For my brother Mike

When I was in high school, I convinced my brother Mike to wear a silk handkerchief on his head and become Juliette's nurse for a film project.  I then showed this to his new family after he got married.  I have a feeling this is going to be Eli's fate some day :)

What do you do on mornings when the girl is running a fever and both kids are home?  Play dress up, of course!

From super cool pit crew...


To super pit crew chief undercover as a princess...  At least that's what I'm choosing to believe!


Eli got his first black eye at school.  He and another kid collided on the playground.  And apparently Eli looks a lot better than the other kid.  Whoops!


And Amelia got fever #2 after a Hep B shot.  Sigh.  So here we go again!  "Eli...this!"  "Ok.  Help please."
Twirl, spin, twirl.  While Mom laughs and snaps pics ;)


I'm so thankful my kids love each other so much.  I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship!

3 comments:

The Lovealls said...

I love it! I am sure I will have pictures like this when Andrew & Molly get a little older...can't wait! :)

The McGowans said...

Such cute pictures!

I have plenty of pictures of our son (now 11) dressed up as a princess, nails painted bright red, or some other girly color, pretending he was a dragon with very sharp claws, or using his "weaponized fingers" to protect his sisters. They may be wearing dresses, but they are still boys at heart!
Martita

Siyang E Phoyadx said...

Oh my gosh. I laughed. Don't tell him I laughed. It's good to laugh. And, thanks for commiserating with me on my blog.