About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Leading up to Christmas

December is always a fun month for me...it's the best time of the year!  I love everything about December, including Christmas music.  We have a couple in our neighborhood who decorate their home in all red and green lights...and LOTS of them!  

Dave's birthday is December 7th, so we celebrated Friday night with gifts (hand picked by the kids), which included a Superman t-shirt, just like one Eli has.  So Eli insisted that Dave wear it for our Christmas picture.  We also had brownies and ice cream.  Mmmmm...  And we sang Happy Birthday, much to Amelia's delight, and helped Dad blow out the candles.

We started our Christmas season by going to Bronner's Christmas Store to get Amelia her very own stocking.  We had already taken out everyone else's so we wanted to take care of this sooner than later.  Last year we let Eli choose his and get his name put on it.  So we wanted to do the same for Amelia.  Eli chose the dog stocking...Amelia chose the cat stocking.  Silly kids!

Bronner's is overwhelming for any adult, so I knew it would be a lot for Amelia to handle.  Our first stop, for lunch, was Zehnders Famous Chicken Dinners.  We've tried to go before, but there's always been an hour + wait.  And with little one's, that just isn't doable.  But this time we were in the door really fast!  And the food was GREAT!




We let the kids pick out their own ornament.  Eli got a Karate kid and Amelia got a gymnast.  Perfect for them!

Eli is REALLY in to superheroes.  This is Eli being Batman using his jacket as a cape.  I'm not sure why he has a hat on, who knows.  But he started getting red marks on his neck so I had to put a stop to it...so funny! Katie...THIS is why I told you to get him the capes!!  (I'll show pictures in another post, but he did get superhero capes from my sister in law and brother...he LOVES them!)

And this is my attempt at getting a Christmas card out.  Don't worry, I'm still working on it!  Considering I just got November and December birthday cards out about a week ago, I would guess you should have them by the end of February.  Something to look forward to!



My husband is sitting on a stool eating with the kids, who thought this was so cool!  LOL  What a great dad :)

I have lots and lots of pictures of the kids cuddling together.  They're really great friends and they miss each other when they're in school all day.  They have moments that aren't fun, but for the most part they get along great...so sweet.

My mother in law and sister in law came in for a visit.  We did Christmas gifts with them, which worked out great.  All I hear about now is how Amelia's favorite color is yellow...just like Grandma Karl :)

No comments: