About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Sunday, October 28, 2012


I alluded to some health issues I'd been having back in the spring.  I'd gone to my doctor because my energy level was really, really low.  She took some blood work, which showed that my levels were a little on the low side, but not low enough to be out of the "normal" range.  However, there were some "abnormalities", so they recommended an in house ultrasound of my thyroid.  I had the ultrasound done, which showed a few nodules that had grown quite large (over .5mm).  So they sent me to a specialist (which is my regular endocrinologist anyway).  What I love about him is that he takes in to consideration lifestyle changes as a part of his practice.

I went to the endocrinologist who recommended an ultrasound guided biopsy of two of the 3 nodes.  I. was. freaked. out.  I made my appointment.  I got to the hospital with my husband and I was fine.  But once they took me back in the room and explained what was going to happen, I was terrified!  I just took deep breaths while they searched via ultrasound for the nodes my doctor wanted to have biopsied.  And, guess what?!  They couldn't find them!  I was sooooo relieved.  I have more tests coming up in January - another round of ultrasound/biopsy to see if there's any change.

And to add to that, the day we got back from Georgia (I drove the entire way straight through- 16 hours!), I had intense pain in my lower right abdomen.  I Webmd'd my symptoms and I thought I had appendicitis   Not something to mess around with.  So I drove myself to the ER, told them of my symptoms and spent the next 2 days finding out I have diverticulitis.  I have to cut out caffeine (no coffee) and CHOCOLATE!  I haven't been successful with the chocolate part yet, but I'm working on it (NOT!).

No comments: