About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

September in a flash

When we returned from Georgia, after my hospital stay, we had about a week before school started.  And, boy, oh, boy did that week go by fast!  While we were away, Dave started and finished a wooden box around a HUGE tree in our backyard.  The dog kept running through the previous flower bed destroying everything in his path.



What's the next step?  Filling it in, of course.  Which meant about 100 trips back and forth.  I handled the shoveling into the wheelbarrow/hauling it to the backyard, while Dave handled the dump and distribution.  Man, was I sore the next day!


The kids stayed busy digging out all the sand from the sandbox and dumping it in the flowerbed.  We got rid of the sandbox because they never really played with it.




Amelia...she's so creative.  And strange.  I love it!



Nothing like waiting until the last possible minute!  This is her haircut the day before school started.  I have a friend who does hair and she fit me in.  THANK YOU TONYA!!!


Goofy girl...her hair is at her shoulders now and it's really cute.  She's such a ham!

Getting ready for the first day of school...ah the anticipation and excitement!

My kids, best friends.  Love it!


At school waiting to figure out when to go in and avoiding the chaos.




This goofy kid pulled out his two front teeth.  In the morning.  After Dave left.  EW!  Blood everywhere.


And, of course, my birthday is in September.  I turned 35 this year, and my body is letting me know that I'm getting older.  I enjoyed a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and chocolate sprinkles (can you guess who chose all these things?)






Eli was at floor hockey, so the girls played!  Nothing like stick on nails with a trip to the store!



How is school going for the kids?  Sigh.  Throughout September I prayed everyday that I wouldn't have to meet with the teacher about something one of them did.  Everyday (it seemed) I was having a meeting with Amelia's teacher about disruptions, like a high pitched squeal she'd make in the afternoon...a constant sound that she wouldn't stop.  Amelia's been written up twice (although I'm not sure they do much with these...I think it was a way to show her the severity of what she'd done), and the teacher sends her to the office for "quiet time" when she gets out of control, which is about 3 or so times a week.  The teacher keeps asking how she can be a better support to Amelia, and I just don't know!  We've tried weighted pads she puts on her lap to remind her to stay still.  Instead of being helpful, it ends up over her head, or being tossed around, or a distraction in any and every way.  Her teacher is VERY patient with her, and I'm so thankful for her!  However, it's been very emotional and frustrating to go through.  

Towards the end of September, we decided it was time for her to go through counseling.  It's been about a month and we've already seen great improvement at home.  But that's another story for another day.

No comments: