About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

December

December is always a crazy month of finishing up Christmas shopping and gearing up for Christmas break.  This break was different, though.  This is the first time I've been working while the kids had a long break.  Thankfully my husband took the two weeks off (with the hope of getting some work on the basement done), otherwise I'm not sure what I would have done.

At the beginning on December I got to hang out with a few of my friends.  I've known these ladies for about 8 or so years and we've been through a lot together.  We met through BSF, and I treasure each one of them even though I don't see them enough :(  



My mother in law came in for my husband's birthday and we went to get our tree.  Look at how dirty my Jeep is...it loves being dirty :)


 My mother in law came in a second time with my sister in law and my nephew Sam.  We exchanged gifts and they loved everything; such content kids.




The Sunday before Christmas we let the kids wear their Christmas outfits.  That way Grandma Karl and Aunt Wendy would have a chance to see the kids lookin' good.  I get to the church an hour early, so the kids go with Dad later.  I'm guessing they were getting tired of taking pictures!




On Christmas Eve, we got our first snow of the season...and it was so beautiful (I love snow!).  Christmas Day was made a little more magical because of the fresh 6-8 inches of snow.  The kids and Dad went outside to play.  An in the next few weeks, we found the ONLY thing Amelia will do all by herself - play in snow.  She loves it!  I have a feeling I'm going to have a snow bunny on my hands.

Christmas day!  Eli got a legos table that took a whopping 20 minutes to put together...



And Amelia got her very first doll house.  This monster took 4 hours and multiple days to put together!




During the break we had a few play dates.  It was so great to have friends to our house so the kids experienced what it's like to share their toys with others.  




And then Eli got sick.  He was down and out with a fever from Sunday to Friday.  He was good for a day, then woke up screaming because his ear hurt.  I took him to the ER, where he was diagnosed with an outer ear infection.  We had to do 3 drops of meds in his ear 4X a day for a week...so crazy!  This past Monday we went to the ENT and he's good to go Phew!


In the midst of all this Eli got his new braces.  I should get a picture of them...they're huge!  Of course, that's just because his feet are ginormous.  He wears a pair during the day, and different pair at night.  Poor kid.  He's really struggling in school right now; he can't seem to find any friends :(  I'm going to talk to the teacher about finding some for him.  He's such a bossy pants know it all that I'm sure others don't want to be around him.  Sigh.  And so it begins.


At least he hasn't lost his sense of humor!  LOL 




On NY Eve, Amelia and I went bowling with some friends from church.  She had her wild eyes on, so I softly asked her where she was feeling her feelings.  She pointed to her chest, which means she's nervous.  She told me she wanted me to stay close to her.  She sought me out and kept her eyes on me at all times during the night...progress!  She was also talking to men, but not hanging all over them.  Woohoo!  She's starting to attach to me.  Major progress and major encouragement.

No comments: