About Me

My photo
My husband and I, the Dynamic Duo, have been married since 2003. We've weathered the storm of chronic disease (diagnosis 2006), infertility (diagnosis 2007), turning 30 (2006/2007 respectively) a first adoption (2009) of a tender hearted, compassionate Ukrainian BIG boy (born 2006), who has told us he'd like a baby sister, baby brother, big brother, and REALLY big sister. We recently completed our second Ukrainian adoption journey, which brought us a daughter (born 2005). We'll see what else God brings our way!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

School Fun

I've noticed I have some new additions to my followers list.  I'd love to know who you are!  Leave a comment to tell me a little about yourself and perhaps how adoption has blessed (and challenged) your family.

Now on to the 2nd week of school.  She skinned her knee, but it wasn't a big deal and I didn't get called.  On the first day of school as soon as I saw the scissors I KNEW a self inflicted haircut was coming.  Last Friday I picked up Amelia and noticed something different...the bangs I wanted to grow out were cut :(  So I laughed, planned on keeping the bangs until she's mature enough to handle growing out bangs, and we went to gymnastics and came home.  



However, when I took her bangs out we noticed she had cut her hair below the rubber band.  So out came MY scissors to correct the issue.  Gone is her beautiful black hair...but I still think she's really cute.  However, I was NOT happy.


Eli and Amelia still really like each other.  They get along great now that they don't have so much time together.  Just this morning they were cuddling on the couch "reading" an I Spy book together laughing at each other being goofy and just enjoying each other's company.

Eli is bigger than his older sister, which we think may never change.  Just check out those HUGE feet he has!  He's quickly growing in to a size 13 while she's still in a size 10.


Things have settled down a bit since that first week.  Eli and I get to spend some time chilling 3 days a week after we drop off Amelia.  I really enjoy my 3 hour down time every day and am able to get some things done around the house.  Like purging toys and books.  And organizing stacks and stacks of stuff that's been laying around.  And updating blogs.  And having quiet times in actual quiet!  It's been really nice!  But I have some serious tension in my back because of stress and anxiety.  I'm not really sure what's going on, but I'm now waking up with back soreness.  And I have so much anxiety that I feel like I'm going to throw up sometimes.  Where is this coming from?!  I've never been THIS stressed and anxious!  I've got a really good chiropractor, and he tells me that my back hasn't been the same since our addition, but I'm not sure that's all there is to it.

Once again, I'm going to put off telling you about BSF and our study of Acts because I have a lot to say.  I'm really enjoying it so far and have already been challenged...stay tuned!

No comments: